The first year of a pet’s “career” – spent as a puppy or kitten – sets the stage for lifelong health, with generally at least 80 percent of a puppy’s growth and 90 percent of a kitten’s growth1 taking place in their first twelve months.
With a mission to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets, Hill’s Pet Nutrition is making paw-fessional development easy through the Hill’s Pet Nutrition Inaugural Intern Class of Pup-terns and Kit-terns, now open for applications.
“Our inaugural class will em-bark on their purr-fessional journeys, documenting their growth along the way, to showcase the importance of proper nutrition during the first year of a pet’s life,” said Caroline Chulick, Head of Marketing for Hill’s Pet Nutrition U.S. “The puppy and kitten essentials we’re offering through this pup-ternship and kit-ternship is a fun and educational way for pet parents to get paws on training and ensure their pet is set up for success on their journey to being a full-time dog or cat.”
Pup-tern and Kit-tern Experience
As part of this unique and remote summer internship offering, Hill’s is seeking one puppy and one kitten to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Continue or transition to the new and upgraded Hill’s Science Diet Puppy or Science Diet Kitten food to showcase the benefits to their overall development
- Exhibit unwavering commitment to mastering new skills via on-the-job enrichment activities
- Represent the brand with enthusiasm and curiosity via featured posts on the pet or pet parent’s social media
Pup-tern and Kit-tern Quali-fur-cations
- Be nine months of age or under
- Value proper nutrition and growth as a puppy or kitten
- Demonstrate a big appetite for the new reformulation of Hill’s Science Diet Puppy or Science Diet Kitten (whether a current user or someone interested in transitioning)
- Have a social media account (either a pet’s or pet parent’s account) and a human parent willing to share internship progress on social media throughout the summer
- A summer stipend of $2,500 to each select applicant
- A complimentary supply of the new Hill’s Science Diet Puppy or Hill’s Science Diet Kitten, respectively, to help fuel their growth
- Paw-ffice supplies from KONG including all essential puppy and kitten toys to fulfill their enrichment and play needs
- Pup-tern and kit-tern content amplification on Hill’s social channels
How to Apply
Pet parents can submit resumes on behalf of their budding superstars at Hill’s Pet Internship by 11:59 p.m. CT on July 20, 2023. Full terms and conditions apply.
Applications are asked to include a photo and a ‘cover letter’ describing the puppy or kitten’s talents and future career aspirations.
Laying the Foundation for a Healthy, Happy Life
The next chapter in a puppy or kitten’s life is one of the most important. Nutrition, along with regular veterinary care, training, enrichment and endless love are all an important part of laying a healthy foundation.
- New breakthrough blend of prebiotic fibers (ActivBiome+) to support the gut microbiome and digestive system
- Antioxidant blend of Vitamins C & E to support developing immune systems
- DHA from fish oil for brain development to support training
- High-quality protein for building lean muscles
- Balanced minerals to support growing bones and teeth
The gut microbiome affects almost every organ in a pet’s body, so it’s no wonder 83 percent of pet parents consider their pet’s digestive health to be extremely or very important.2
Backed by extensive research conducted at Hill’s Global Pet Nutrition Center, Hill’s ActivBiome+ ingredient technology harnesses carefully selected prebiotic fibers to support the gut microbiome and promote optimal digestive function.
“Innovation and science are at the heart of all we do at Hill’s Pet Nutrition. That’s why we’ve invested in extensive research to help develop our newest ActivBiome+ Technology — innovation for puppies and kittens to help nurture a healthy and resilient gut microbiome,” said Dr. Karen Shenoy, Chief Veterinary Officer of Hill’s Pet Nutrition US. “The gut microbiome is a complex ecosystem, and scientists are discovering many ways that it impacts overall health in addition to digestion, including immune health and organ function. We are proud to introduce this upgrade to help pet parents of puppies and kittens set their new family members up for lifelong health.”
The innovation comes in dry and wet forms, featuring various flavors:
- Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Dry Food, available in Chicken & Brown Rice as well as Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipes
- Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Dry Food, available in Chicken & Brown Rice as well as Recipe Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipes
- Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Small & Mini Dry Food Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Wet Food, available in Chicken & Barley Entrée as well as Chicken & Rice Stew
- Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Small & Mini Wet Food Beef & Barley Entrée
- Hill’s Science Diet Kitten Dry Food, available in Chicken as well as Ocean Fish & Brown Rice Recipes
- Hill’s Science Diet Kitten Dry Food Indoor Chicken Recipe
- Hill’s Science Diet Kitten Wet Food Liver & Chicken Entrée
- Hill’s Science Diet Kitten Wet Food: Healthy Cuisine Roasted Chicken & Rice Medley