PEDIGREE Foundation has announced a new set of collaborative grants that brings the Foundation annual grant total past $1 million across shelter and rescue programs in the US and Canada for a second year in a row.
These collaborative grants together with its recent annual grants are expected to help more than 75,000 dogs in both the US and Canada by supporting 76 different shelter and rescue organization programs working to find forever homes for these dogs in need.
“In celebration of Giving Tuesday, we want to continue giving back to organizations supporting dogs in need and raise awareness for dog adoption,” said Kimberly Wise, President of the Board of Directors for PEDIGREE Foundation. “Now more than ever, shelter and rescues need our support and we’re proud to once again reach $1 million in funds awarded to help end pet homelessness.”
The full list of 2023 PEDIGREE Foundation grant recipients for the year is available on the website, which includes the most recent grant recipients helping to bring PEDIGREE Foundation to the $1 million milestone:
- Austin Pets Alive! (Transport): $50k to support increased capacity for transporting animals on behalf of Texas’s many at risk shelter dogs. Austin Pets Alive’s! transport program has been steadily developing in the last two years and is now projected to carry nearly 4,000 pets from Texas shelters to parts of the country that lack enough adoptable shelter pets to fill demand.
- Greater Good Charities (Transport): $30k to support Greater Good Charities Good Flights Maui Disaster Relief support for additional transport flights with supplies and transport of animals already living in shelters off the island. Animals were flown to receiving shelters in the Pacific northwest, thereby making room for wounded and/or displaced pets during the wildfires to receive care at Maui Humane.
- Dogs Trust USA (Behavior): $50k to further develop Dogs Trust USA’s Dogs School and Professional Development programs, for the benefit of thousands of shelter staff, volunteers, foster carers, dogs and their owners across the country.
- Berkeley Humane (Transport): $25k to support the partnership between Berkeley Humane and the County of Hawaii Animal Control and Three Ring Ranch Animal Wildlife Sanctuary to continue lifesaving efforts to increase dog adoptions and provide resources for the Hawaii-based volunteers and staff who are working tirelessly to save more lives.
- Humane Society of Tulsa (Transport): $25k to support the “hub” pet transport program. The “hub” serves as a bridge for at risk dogs from overcrowded municipal shelters, criminal seizures, natural disasters and other crisis situations in Oklahoma and beyond.
- Paws Philadelphia (Foster): $50k to support the “Meeting the Moment: Reimagining Dog Fostering, from Marketing to Integrated Training & Behavioral Support” foster program. In time, PAWS will develop a multi-pronged approach to fostering in their community to increase lifesaving measures.
- Mars Pet Adoption Weekend: $49k to celebrate the 15th Mars Pet Adoption Weekend, covering dog adoption fees in 15 U.S. cities across the country such as Chicago, Las Vegas, Nashville, Phoenix, Washington D.C. and more.
- Disaster Relief; PEDIGREE Foundation contributed more than $140,000 to support disaster relief efforts across the country, including at $100,000 partnership with American Humane Society to provide immediate, on-the-ground support when disasters happen. In Canada, PEDIGREE Foundation contributed $20,000 CAD to four organizations to support wildfire relief, with the goal of funding another $5k CAD before the end of the year.
Show Your Support
Dog lovers are encouraged to check out the DOGS RULE. online store throughout the holiday season for gifts that support dogs in need. Please note that proceeds from the store help dogs find loving homes through shelter and rescue grants like the ones listed above.
PEDIGREE Foundation also kicked off its annual end-of-year, SEASON OF GOOD DOG campaign, which runs through Dec. 31. This holiday season, dogs across the country in shelters and rescues are waiting for their chance to be a beloved family pet. It’s through the generosity of dog lovers that the Foundation is able to continue its important work to help dogs find loving homes. $10,000 in donations will be matched by a generous donor, so the impact is even greater. To learn more about the campaign or make your donation, visit this link.
To learn more about the 2023 grant recipients and how they’re utilizing their grants to help end pet homelessness and for information about how you can make a difference with PEDIGREE Foundation, visit Pedigree Foundation.