Pet Valu customers are encouraged to support The United States War Dogs Association through the annual “Patriotic Pets” fundraiser taking place from July 1 to July 31 in all Pet Valu stores. Customers can purchase a patriotic-themed or camouflage bandana for just $5 or donate any amount of their choosing, which is then displayed on paper paws in stores.
Proceeds from bandana sales and “paper paw” donations directly benefit the US War Dogs Association, a nonprofit that honors wartime canines and educates the public about their service. Last year, customers helped raise $424,140 for the organization. In the last nine years, Pet Valu has raised nearly $3 million, and the company expects to surpass that milestone with this year’s effort.
Donations directly help cover the costs of:
- Transporting veteran war dogs back to the US after their service
- Finding homes for retired K9s
- Memorializing fallen four-legged soldiers
- Providing service dogs with state-of-the-art equipment to support them both overseas and back home
- Sending care packages to service dogs and their soldiers
- Facilitating a FREE prescription drug program for retired military K9s, TSA and Secret Service dogs
- Providing funds for The Rainbow Bridge Assistance Program
“It has been very rewarding to see the growth of this fundraiser, and as a result, the organization over the last 10 years,” said Ally Homa, Pet Valu’s senior marketing manager. “We hope to be able to continue to support this organization through the generous donations from our customers for many years to come.”
For more information, click here.